There are a plethora of services available in the financial industry, but finding the right services at the right value can feel like an impossible task. Are you looking for investment management? Retirement planning? Or comprehensive life-centered financial management? At Wellstone Wealth Management, we offer all the above—and we do it at a reasonable and transparent cost. Here is an outline of our comprehensive services and the value they provide.
Our services have been honed over years of working with clients and observing that the best way to achieve long-term goals is to have a comprehensive, checklist-driven, annual process. By providing this up front, it helps to keep both our clients and our planners on track. Our clients know what to expect from us, and it is much less likely that something will fall through the cracks. Our Life-Centered Financial Management consists of 10 services:
- Life-Centered Financial Plan: This is a detailed road map to help clients reach their goals. It is the cornerstone of our process and the lens through which each client’s financial affairs are viewed. It is periodically reviewed and updated each year to account for any life changes.
- Action Plan: Just because a financial plan has been created does not mean that clients necessarily know what to do next. In fact, many clients do not know what to do, and thus never implement the planning recommendations. That is where the action plan comes in, a step-by-step guide that outlines every action item necessary to achieve the goals in the Life-Centered Financial Plan.
- WealthFocus Personal Website: As part of our comprehensive services, we will establish a personal website for each client, which provides a consolidated view of your financial information, including a view of banking, investment, and credit card accounts. There is also an optional budgeting feature and a secure online document storage to back up your valuable personal files.
- Investment & Portfolio Analysis: Recommending an investment strategy is a very important part of our Life-Centered process. We provide clients with a strategy that maximizes the likelihood of obtaining their long-term goals, and we keep them updated with semi-annual progress reports for all investments under our management. We also review the plan periodically to ensure it stays in alignment with the overall Life-Centered Financial Plan.
- Investment Management: Not only do we provide investment recommendations, but we also provide portfolio management that involves proper asset allocation, risk–reward assessments, regular reviews of economic and market conditions, and valuable insight into our clients’ unique investment needs.
- Income Tax Analysis & Year-End Projection: During the last two months of the year, we work with clients to conduct a tax-planning review. Our goal with this service is twofold: find ways to reduce taxes and help make sure there are no tax surprises come next April.
- Estate Planning: This is a critical component to any comprehensive Life-Centered Financial Plan, yet it is often neglected by other financial professionals. At Wellstone, we ensure that the basics of your estate plan are reviewed and updated annually. Every five years we will encourage you to have an in-depth review of your plan with your estate planning attorney.
- Strategic & Tactical Plan for Every Goal: We are committed to more than just putting together an initial financial plan. We will also assist clients in establishing specific funding plans for every goal they set. We will also contact clients prior to every goal date to assist with implementing the various funding strategies.
- Cash Reserves & Debt Management: We will make sure all your financial bases are covered by helping you establish adequate cash reserves, plan for major purchases, and eliminate debt when possible.
- Comprehensive Risk Management Review: Lastly, we will review all insurance policies and make recommendations as necessary. Proper insurance coverage is a very important aspect of a successful plan and it is crucial to ensure there are no coverage gaps that might endanger your plan.
At Wellstone Wealth Management, we strive for transparency and integrity in all we do. We will only make recommendations that are appropriate for your unique goals, financial situation, and time horizon. As CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, we are held to strict ethical standards to ensure our recommendations meet the highest fiduciary standard. Clients can rest assured that we are committed to always acting in their best interests.
As part of that commitment, we want clients to understand how we are paid for our services. Here is what you can expect if you sign up to work with us:
- Comprehensive Financial Life Management: This includes all 10 services outlined above, delivered in a minimum of two meetings per year. The total annual fee for these services is $4,800 per year.
- Investment Portfolio Management: Our investment management services are billed on a quarterly basis at an annual rate of .8% of the investment account value. This amount declines in bracketed percentages as the value of your investments grows.**
It is our hope that by providing full transparency in our fee structure, clients will feel comfortable and confident in their decision to work with us. We also highly encourage questions! If there is ever something you do not understand about our fees or services, we are always available to answer your questions and provide clarification.
Get Started Today
Working with a financial planner does not have to be an overwhelming process. With our Life-Centered Financial Plan and the step-by-step checklist we provide, our goal is to help our clients de-stress and find confidence in their finances. If you are ready to take the next step in your financial journey, we would love to hear from you. Schedule a complimentary introductory meeting by contacting us at 503-594-1210 or email@example.com.
**Additional fees will be charged by the portfolio managers and are disclosed in the account opening documents.
Greg Allen is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Life-Centered Financial Planner, Managing Member, and second-generation owner of Wellstone Wealth Management, a life-centered financial planning firm that takes a unique Return on Life (ROL) approach to help their clients live the best life possible with the money they have. With over 20 years of experience, Greg holds fast to his mission of helping clients plan their finances around their lives, instead of the other way around, resulting in fulfillment, confidence, and a meaningful life. Greg also provides a caring, trusted long-term relationship and life-centered financial behavioral counseling. He specializes in working with people who have recently retired or are close to it (typically five years or less) and relates well to corporate executives and upper-management couples who often have complicated financial pictures and need help maximizing their wealth, reducing their taxes, and preparing for retirement so they can maintain their ideal lifestyle.
When he is not helping his clients find meaning and purpose, you can find Greg spending time with his friends and family, especially his wife, Sandy, children, and grandchildren. As a native Oregonian, Greg loves the outdoors, visiting the Oregon Coast, and retreating to their family cabin in the mountains. He enjoys staying involved with his church, reading, watching sports, and anything to do with exercise and wellness. To learn more about Greg, connect with him on LinkedIn.
Information provided herein is provided by Wellstone Wealth Management, LLC. This information is for general informational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Information was compiled from third-party sources believed to be reliable and accurate but cannot be guaranteed. Investment advisory services are offered through Oswego Wealth Advisors, Inc., an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Neither Wellstone Wealth Management, LLC nor Oswego Wealth Advisors, Inc render any legal, accounting, or tax advice. All investments involve risk, are not guaranteed, and may lose value. We recommend that all investors consult with a qualified adviser to assess your personal situation before implementing any strategy.
Please remember to contact your advisor when your financial circumstances or objectives change. Your advisor may recommend adjustments to your financial planning and investment strategies to better suit your current situation.